Last modified: MARCH 27, 2023
PEAK6 Investments LLC, including our initiatives as Fintech In Action (“Company”, “we” or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our websites peak6.com or fintechinaction.com (the “Websites“) or when you interact with us through other means and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we may collect about you through our Websites, if you sign-up to one of our newsletters or when you voluntarily provide information to us through:
- Any of our events that you may attend or participate in, including sweepstakes and surveys.
- Any of our newsletters you sign-up for.
- Social media, email, text or other electronic messages between you and us.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us, our affiliates or any third party.
- Any third party, including our partners or through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Websites.
- To information collected through any applications to roles posted on the careers section of our Website.
Children Under the Age of 13:
Our Websites and events are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Websites nor should they engage with us. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not engage with us, sign up to any of our events or provide any information to the Websites or through any of their features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It:
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Websites or when you engage with us, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified by, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline and any other information about you (“personal information“).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Websites. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us:
The information we collect on or through our Websites or by you engaging with us may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of signing up to our Websites or subscribing to any available promotional content with us. We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our Websites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us or participate in events.
· Information you provide to us by completing surveys, signing up for events or at events you attend.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Websites, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and any resources that you access and use on the Websites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve our Websites. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Websites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information:
We do not sell any of your personal information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information.
- To fulfill any purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information to us.
- For any other purpose with your consent or reasonable expectation.
Disclosure of Your Information:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To our Fintech In Action partners if you have provided your information to us for Fintech In Action purposes.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of PEAK6 Investments LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by PEAK6 Investments LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PEAK6 Investments LLC, our customers, or others.
- To our partners where you are providing your information to us in respect of a joint event or promotion.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our partners, our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions or use the unsubscribe function at the bottom of the email.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Websites.
To ask questions specifically to Fintech In Action, you can email us at: email@example.com