Last modified: December 20, 2022
Scope, Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for you to access our Systems or parts of our Systems.
- Contractor means a party to whom the Company makes available an employee/candidate’s Personal Information for a business purpose related to your Employment (or prospective employment, in the case of candidates), pursuant to a written contract with the Company.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Company’s systems, such as a computer, a cell phone or a digital tablet.
- Employment means your employment, or candidacy for employment, with the Company as a resident of California.
- Personal Information is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Protected characteristics;
- Biometric information;
- Geolocation data;
- Postal address;
- Unique personal identifier;
- Online identifier;
- IP address;
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal or similar information;
- Personal email address;
- Account name;
- Social Security number;
- Driver’s license number;
- Passport number;
- Physical characteristics or description;
- Personal telephone number;
- State identification card number;
- Insurance policy number;
- Bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information;
- Medical information;
- Health insurance information;
- Employment history;
- Education history; and
- Sensitive Personal Information (defined below).
- Sensitive Personal Information is a subset of Personal Information that requires greater security protections and standards of care in handling. It is generally understood as information that if lost, compromised, or disclosed, could result in substantial harm, embarrassment, inconvenience, or unfairness to an individual. Sensitive Personal Information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Social Security number;
- driver’s license number;
- passport number;
- financial account and payment card information;
- geolocation data;
- biometric information;
- union membership;
- private personal communications; and
- sex life or sexual orientation;
- Service Provider means any party who receives, collects, uses Personal Information on behalf of the Company. It usually refers to vendors or individuals hired by the Company to perform Human Resources-related functions related to your Employment.
- Systems refers to the Company’s proprietary systems, including, but not limited to, the Company’s Information Technology (IT) systems, Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), the Company’s external website(s) and Company’s intranet site(s).
- Third Party means any party who receives, collects, or uses Personal Information from the Company, who is not a Service Provider or Contractor, and whose purpose regarding your Personal Information is not to perform an HR-related function related to your Employment (or prospective employment, in the case of candidates).
- Website refers to Apex’s website, accessible from apexfintechsolutions.com.
Your Rights Under the CPRA
Right to Know
You have the right to know, free of charge, and for 12 months following the collection of your Personal Information:
- The categories of personal information collected;
- Specific pieces of personal information collected;
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information;
- The purposes for which we use the personal information;
- The categories of Third Parties with whom we share the personal information; and
- The categories of Personal Information that we sell or disclose to Third Parties.
Right to Correct
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request correction of any inaccurate Personal Information as maintained by us. Upon verifying the validity of your Right to Correct request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct your Personal Information as directed, considering the nature of the Personal Information and the purposes of maintaining your Personal Information.
Right to Delete
In certain circumstances, you have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information as collected by us. Upon verifying the validity of your Right to Delete request, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete your Personal Information from our records, and instruct any Service Providers, Contractors or Third Parties to delete your Personal Information, if applicable.
Right to Opt-out of Sale or Share
Right to Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right to protection from discrimination or retaliation for exercising your rights under the CPRA.
Exercising Your Rights
In order to exercise any of your rights under the CPRA, you may contact us using either of the following methods:
- By email: CPRArequests@apexfintechsolutions.com
- By toll-free phone number: 1 (866) 840-4743
Please remember to use your Company email account, specify exactly which right(s) you are exercising (e.g., a Right to Correct request), and be as specific as you can about the information and/or assistance you are seeking.